The National Amputation Foundation has programs and services geared to help the amputee and other disabled people.
AMP to AMP Program:
A home, hospital or nursing home visit is available for peer counseling and support to any person who has had or will be having a major limb amputation. If the person does not live within a drivable distance, we will call them to offer the same support.
Medical Equipment Give-A-Way Program:
Our donated medical equipment program is available to any person in need.
This includes wheelchairs, walkers, commodes, canes and crutches.
While this program is open to anyone in need, the item(s) need to be picked up at our office.
Other Services Include:
- Information on recreational activities for amputees.
- Booklets and pamphlets that provide information, specific to the needs of above-the-knee, below-the-knee, and arm amputees.
- Providing hospital visits and running bingo games.
- Contact information for Veterans Benefits.
- Referral service to other amputee organizations.